When my brother came to visit last week, he brought me this frame from my Grandma’s Stock Pile of things she plans to get too! It definitely has seen better days! The burlap was glue directly to a wooden board, so I am not sure what it’s purpose was…my guess was there was something attached to it. I loved the shape, and wanted to make a cork board for my work space out of it.
I bought some of Miss Mustard Seed’s Sample Sized Milk Paint Packets…and figured this was as good of time as any to try them out. So I mixed up a batch of Luckett’s Green…let me tell you, this stuff will mess with your head! The powder is yellow until mixed with water. Than it became the perfect soft minty green…but if the paint settles in the jar it looks dark teal! Bizarre! Note to self…stir, stir, stir!
3 coats of Luckett’s Green and the natural chippiness occurred only on a few spots…which I was fine with. I then coated it in some polycrylic.
I used the original board, and removed the burlap. I then glued these cork squares that my other brother brought me awhile back. They were perfect, and only needed a little bit of trimming. I used my Dremel Saw-Max to do this…Quick and Simple!
I then covered the cork with simple painters drop cloth. I attached a wire to the inside of the frame so I can use mini clothes pins…which I LOVE!
I used my Primary Words Cards from the 60’s that I got at a junk shop years ago to dress it up! I loved how it turned out!
A quick Before and After...